For the Love of Sarcasm

Sarcasm is my Swiss Army Knife of choice. In some of my worst moments, it has helped me make light enough to move on. In some of my best moments, well I guess it's just helped me entertain - even if only myself. This blog is my way of sharing all of those moments and probably my sarcastic views on the situations. Sarcasm truly is a girl's best friend!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Favorite Distraction

For the last few days I have been mired in emotional distress trying to find truths and develop a plan to successfully parent through some issues. No one sees it, but I feel it. I start driving in silence - no phone calls, no radio. Very not my usual style.

So when these times come along I turn to my crutch. A great dog. I have 3 of my own. I would like to say dealing with dogs is easier than dealing with people but that's not always true. I don't know any people who eat the stuffing out of every bed that they get. But I also don't know any people as reliable as my dogs. I'll pick up some stuffing and be happy with that deal.

So tonight as I sit on the couch with little Ava and Eddie asleep beside me and Bentley downstairs guarding a new bone in his lair, I am thinking about another dog. Happy little Charles. Charles is a dog that I met at Charlottesville Albemarle SPCA back in August when we had my stepdaughter's birthday party there. I loved him and his kennelmate Lilliana. I brought both of them out on the Downtown Mall with me when we put on a Beatles RockBand competition to raise money for the SPCA. Lilliana has since been adopted but Charles is still looking for a home. My children and I have spent time with him and he is so sweet. So full of life and so much fun. In fact I gave him his first french fry in the car on the way to the Downtown Mall. He is a good car rider and loves to stick his head out of the window. He deserves a great home.

So please share this post and help get Charles a home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment