For the Love of Sarcasm

Sarcasm is my Swiss Army Knife of choice. In some of my worst moments, it has helped me make light enough to move on. In some of my best moments, well I guess it's just helped me entertain - even if only myself. This blog is my way of sharing all of those moments and probably my sarcastic views on the situations. Sarcasm truly is a girl's best friend!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

My 5 favorite gluten free foods that it has taken me 8 years to find

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 2003. I thought it was absolutely horrible at the time. I am sure that anyone who receives this diagnosis would feel the same way. You wonder what in the world are you going to eat. Eight years later, I find it much easier to eat like everyone else. I also know that I am eating much healthier than I would if I did not have Celiac Disease. The options are so much better!

I did some gluten free grocery shopping today and that inspired me to create this list. I have eaten some nasty gluten free foods over the years so I am extremely appreciative of the companies who have brought some quality great tasting foods to the market.

Try these out and let me know some of your favorites.

1) Udi's Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread - It's so nice to be able to eat a real sandwich. Crozet Great Valu carries this bread. Here is their FaceBook page Crozet Great Valu You can also find it at Martin's

2) Nature's Path Crunchy Maple Sunrise Cereal - I actually put my cereal in my Oikos greek yogurt in the mornings. I usually get the cereal at Crozet Great Valu or Martin's.

3) King Arthur Flour's Gluten Free Muffin Mix  - No one in my family can tell that these are gluten free. I add strawberries and blueberries to the mix. These are absolutely incredible. I can't rave enough about them. I buy the mix at Martin's.

4) Glutino Original Crackers - These are as close as you are going to get to regular crackers. What I really like about them is that they are not flavored. This makes them great for chicken and tuna salad. I find these at Martin's.

5) Kinnikinnick Pizza Crust - These are frozen so if you are going out to a pizza place you can take one with you wrapped in foil. Most places will make you a pizza with your crust. These are at Great Valu in Crozet as well.

Many of these items can be found at other stores. Kroger usually carries a nice selection of gluten free foods. Unfortunately, there isn't a Kroger near me. I have to say there is a real benefit to having a local grocer like my Great Valu. If I request something they will get it in. My local Great Valu has a nice selection of gluten free foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment